TOLLESBORO – A home on Happy Hollow Road in Lewis County was damaged Wednesday in a fire.

According to reports, firefighters from Tollesboro and Black Oak fire departments were called to the home after a fire was discovered above the ceiling in the kitchen area.

The fire caused extensive damage to the home of Kay and Alvin Morgan. Officials believe it was the result of an electrical short.

According to reports, firefighters created access to the fire through the roof and gables on the home and were able to bring the fire under control before the home was destroyed.

Get breaking news sent instantly to your inbox

Although no injuries were reported, many of the contents of the home were destroyed by fire and water. Some pets inside the home hadn’t been accounted for at the time of the fire.

Firefighters were assisted at the scene by Deputy Matt Ross and Lewis County Emergency Management.

0
1
1
0
0

Load comments