The Dover Covered Bridge is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The bridge was built in 1835 to span Lee's Creek. The Kirk family had a grist mill close by, along with a toll gate.
It is 61 feet long with a double set of Queen post trusses on each side.
The bridge was built in 1835 as a toll bridge and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Major renovations were completed in 1926 by the Bower Bridge Company and in 1966 by the Kentucky Highway Department. It was raised to the current height by 15 year old Stock Bower in 1920.
Nearly 15 years ago, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet received funds to restore all of Kentucky's covered bridges. According to then District 9 Chief District Engineer Jim Rummage, the Dover bridge received a new roof and new floors as well as new siding in some places.
In 2004, Lee's Creek Road was closed from September to November for construction of a new bridge that eased the load which was carried by the historic covered bridge, according to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.